E&I Council Town Hall: Understanding and Stopping Asian Hate
The Equity & Inclusion Council is piloting a Town Hall program. This is the second of two pilot offerings. The purpose of these optional gatherings is to bring Cascadia together to discuss E&I topics that are affecting our campus and our community. The outcome is to use the insights, ideas, and solutions gathered to create action plans for meaningful change for students and employees.
The topic of this Town Hall -- Understanding and Stopping Asian Hate -- is in response to recent/current events. Included will be a presentation by John Eklof, Yukari Zednick, and Chari Davenport on the below. Additional voices from the Asian and Asian American community will also be represented. This Town Hall will not include breakout rooms.
- Welcome, introduction of topic, introduce panelists
- Current events
- History and how we got here
- Important nuances: Undocumented individuals, International students and people visiting the U.S. on Visas, Asian women, Human trafficking
- Asian and Asian American voices
- Allyship and how to be an effective bystander
The session will be recorded so those unable to attend have a means of being included. Live screen captioning will also be included.
The attachment includes the purpose/outcome of the Town Hall program, the anticipated duration of each agenda item, titles of panelists, and the agreements used to guide E&I conversations. These items will not be covered during the Town Hall (we are aiming to do a quick welcome and get right to the presentation), so the attachment will be a useful reference document.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://cascadia.zoom.us/j/88091061019?pwd=cFFkWXRBSnpReEswU1JyMjltM3d4dz09
- Meeting ID: 880 9106 1019
- Passcode: 533719
Dial by your location: +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Monday, 26 April, 2021
Website: Click to Visit
Cost:Open to Cascadia community
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend